Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Low Poly Model

Exterior: Low Poly.
To achieve a maximum of 5000 poly's I stripped my high poly model back to its single walls. Also, in the curves of the building, I restricted the segments, giving me less polys, but concequently, the curves arn't smooth.



Stairs -Access to upper level.
Instead of modeling each step which would create extra poly's, I decided to form a slop and apply a texture or image of the actual stairs modelled in the high poly model to the surface. This will hopefully give the illusion that there are stairs rather than a ramp.
Theatre - Seating
A similar approach (to above) was considered when modeling the theatre. However to get the full experience of light from the skylight in the roof, I plan on rendering the interior of the theatre from a birds eye point of view and then apply that render as a texture to the sloped surface. Hence, when you walk into the structure using Layar, you will be able to experience the true nature of the interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment